– Rishi Sunak was born to an Indian family in the UK’s Southhampton area. Rishi Sunak is the son of a pharmacist mother and a National Health Service (NHS) general practitioner father.
– Rishi Sunak is an Oxford University and Stanford graduate. He is married to Akshata Murthy, the daughter of Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy.
– The couple married in 2009 and has two daughters, Anoushka and Krishna.
– Rishi Sunak became a member of Parliament (MP) in the year 2015 after he got elected from Richmond, Yorkshire.
– Earlier in February 2020, he was appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer, the most important UK Cabinet position.
– During the Covid pandemic, Rishi Sunak was widely praised for his economic package for employees and businesses. However, Rishi Sunak was criticised for not providing enough cost-of-living assistance to households.
– Rishi Sunak ran against Liz Truss for the position of UK Prime Minister. Rishi Sunak has a net worth of over 700 million pounds and is very vested in properties in the United Kingdom.
– Liz Truss defeated Rishi Sunak to become Prime Minister but resigned after only 45 days in office.