If you’re looking to buy food from one of the most popular food trucks in America, there are certain places you can go to find the right trucks. If you’re headed to one of these cities, you can look forward to tasty treats! As you might guess, some cities have more trucks than others — here are the top eight food truck hot spots according to their numbers of trucks per person (yes, they even have data on that)
Roti Rolls, Charleston
Roti Rolls is a Charleston, South Carolina-based food truck that specializes in roti, a type of flatbread. The truck was started by husband-and-wife team Justin and Jessica Breen in 2012. Roti Rolls has been named one of the best food trucks in America by publications such as USA Today, The Huffington Post, and Thrillist. Charleston magazine has also called the truck one of the city’s must-try eateries.
Roti Rolls has a simple menu that features roti with various fillings including curry chicken, jerk chicken, and veggies. The bread is made fresh daily and the fillings are prepared using traditional Caribbean recipes.
Fava Pot, Washington
When it comes to food trucks, there are a lot of options out there. But if you’re looking for the best of the best, you can’t go wrong with Fava Pot Located in Washington, D.C. This truck serves up fresh and healthy Mediterranean cuisine. The menu changes regularly, but you can always expect to find delicious dishes like falafel wraps, hummus bowls, and Greek salads. And the best part? All of the food is reasonably priced, so you can enjoy a great meal without breaking the bank.
Nong’s Khao Man Gai, Portland
- Nong’s Khao Man Gai is a Thai-style chicken and rice restaurant that started as a food cart in Portland, Oregon.
- The restaurant is named after its owner, Nong Poonsukwattana, who came to the United States from Thailand in 2001.
- Nong’s Khao Man Gai was voted the #1 Food Cart in Portland by the Oregonian newspaper in 2009.
- The restaurant has been featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and on the Cooking Channel show Unique Eats.
- Nong’s Khao Man Gai serves only one dish – khao man gai, which is steamed chicken over rice with a ginger-garlic sauce.
Tot Boss, St. Louis
The Obama administration’s Let’s Move initiative, which encourages Americans to lead healthier lifestyles. It has been successful in getting kids to eat more fruits and vegetables. And now, there are more food trucks than ever before that are serving up healthy meals on the go. Here are seven of the most popular ones:
- Tot Boss, St. Louis – This truck serves up fresh, made-to-order salads and wraps using locally sourced ingredients.
- The Green Radish, Philadelphia – This truck specializes in organic, vegan, and gluten-free fare.
- The Soup Kitchen International, New York City – This truck is known for its hearty soups and stews that warm you up on a cold day.
Bombay Food Junkies
Indian-style street food is all the rage these days, and Bombay Food Junkies is one of the most popular food trucks in America. The truck specializes in dishes like pav bhaji (a spiced vegetable dish served with bread) and chicken tikka masala (a flavorful Indian curry). And people can’t get enough of it! In fact, Bombay Food Junkies was named one of the 100 Best Food Trucks in America by The Daily Meal. If you’re ever in Los Angeles, be sure to check them out!
Gastros, Providence, Rhode Island
If you’re ever in Providence, Rhode Island, be sure to check out Gastros. This food truck is known for its delicious seafood dishes. It’s been voted one of the best food trucks in America. If you’re looking for something a little different, Gastros also offers a variety of other menu items. Gastros menu includes sandwiches and salads. So whether you’re in the mood for seafood or something else, Gastros is sure to have something that will satisfy your appetite.
Blaxican Food Truck
Based in Los Angeles, The Blaxican Food Truck has been serving up their unique brand of fusion cuisine since 2012. Their menu features dishes like the Latin Soul Bowl and the Rasta Pasta, which combine traditional Mexican and Caribbean flavors with soul food staples like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. The truck has been featured on the Food Network show The Great Food Truck Race and was named one of the top 10 food trucks in Los Angeles by LA Weekly.
Micklethwait Craft Meats
1. Micklethwait Craft Meats is a barbecue restaurant in Austin, Texas, that specializes in slow-smoked meats.
2. The restaurant was founded by Tom Micklethwait and his wife, Stacy, in 2012.
3. The couple met while working at a catering company in Austin and both decided to start their own business after noticing a lack of good barbecue options in the city.
4. Micklethwait Craft Meats has been featured on several national television shows, including The Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and The Cooking Channel’s Eat Street.
5. The restaurant was named one of the best new restaurants in America by Bon Appetit magazine in 2013.